“The issue is now quite clear. It is between light and darkness and every one must choose his side.” G. K. Chesterton

Friday, September 21, 2012

7 Quick Takes Friday--1 to 4 from Susan, 5-7 from James


--- 1 ---

1.       Maggie and I watched a movie a few weeks ago called The Perfect Family.  While the movie itself was far from perfect, I thought it did do a nice job of portraying what real families are up against when they try to live out their faith in a seriously fallen world.  

--- 2 ---
1.       Apparently there is a new sort of Internet scam going around.  The other night, while Josh was watching a movie on a website, a page popped up telling him that the site he was watching had violated some copyright law and that the FBI was going to prosecute him.  He could, however, simply go ahead and pay a fine of $200 to a website they had set up for that very purpose.  Not surprisingly, he panicked, as did I when I saw it.  (James is always warning us to make sure that any site we use is a legal one).  Fortunately, we checked it out and found that it was just a scam. So, beware.
--- 3 ---

1.       This has been the first week in many that I haven’t had any writing to do and I have to admit that I don’t like it.  I find that I get much more done and am even happier when I have a lot to do.  Rest assured, there are still plenty of things I ought to be doing, its just that I find I miss an intellectual outlet.

--- 4 ---

1.       Maggie and Josh are now both baby-sitting every afternoon, which I find to be delightful.  They are both so good with kids and I find it very encouraging to hope that they will make excellent parents someday.

--- 5 ---
I think I posted a while back about a new organization, Catholics Called to Witness.  The husband and wife founders, Dr. Manuel and Adriana Gonzalez, were on EWTN Live with Fr. Mitch Pacwa on Wednesday.  During the program they played the great video they have featured on the CC2W website, "Test of Fire."  If you haven't seen it, here it is.




--- 6 ---
One of my favorite forms of music growing up was Broadway show tunes.  I may be the only heterosexual in America who can say that.  My favorite singer was Judy Garland.  Again, see previous sentence.  Simply because I like the song, here she is singing "The Trolley Song" from Meet Me In Saint Louis.




--- 7 ---

Everyone have a good weekend.

For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

No comments:

Post a Comment