“The issue is now quite clear. It is between light and darkness and every one must choose his side.” G. K. Chesterton

Monday, July 2, 2012

Hello and welcome

Welcome to my blog!  I hope you find it interesting, informative, and (sometimes) funny. 

For the most part, my blog will be built around three themes:

  • LIFE--the sanctity of life from conception to natural death and the inherent dignity of the human person.
  • LIBERTY--the defense of religious liberty against the encroachments of government as well as the corrosive effects of our secular culture.
  • THE PURSUIT OF HOLINESS (with apologies to Thomas Jefferson)--the striving for sanctity in our modern world.  This category is the most elastic, because under here will be posts both sublime and ridiculous, both personal and practical.  One day I might share an insight from a book I'm reading; the other day, the spiritual lessons of NASCAR (oh yes, there are!).
Who am I?   I am a Catholic revert, a member of a parish of the Personal Ordinariate of the Chair of St. Peter; a once-married father of three adopted children; and a federal employee in the Washington DC area.   More, you'll learn as time goes on.

Much of the time I'll be posting links to things that have caught my eye--a news article, a video, another blog.  As I have time (hopefully at least once a week), I'll post my own musings on whatever strikes my fancy.  On Wednesdays, you are in for a special treat; on that day, I turn the blog over to my wife, Susan, a much better (and funnier) writer than I am.  Fridays, I hope to feature my version of the popular " 7 Quick Takes."

Like other bloggers, I'll appreciate both comments and questions.

Until next time, thanks and I hope to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment