“The issue is now quite clear. It is between light and darkness and every one must choose his side.” G. K. Chesterton

Friday, August 3, 2012

To Boldly Go...My Favorite Star Trek Quotes



In addition to the Church and my family, I love Star Trek (Original Series, thank you very much).  While some of the episodes were, frankly, stupid ("All Our Yesterdays", anyone), the series did provide some great insights into life, love, and the mysteries of the universe.  Here, in no particular order, are some of my favorites.
--- 1 ---

Mankind has no need for gods. We find the one quite adequate.--Captain James T. Kirk, "Who Mourns for Adonis.
--- 2 ---

 After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true. --Spock, "Amok Time"
--- 3 ---


I've found that evil usually triumphs...unless good is very, very careful.--Dr. Leonard McCoy, "The Omega Glory"
--- 4 ---
 

Spock: I've noticed that about your people, Doctor. You find it easier to understand the death of one than the death of a million. You speak about the objective hardness of the Vulcan heart, yet how little room there seems to be in yours. 
McCoy: Suffer the death of thy neighbor, eh, Spock? You wouldn't wish that on us, would you? 
Spock: It might have rendered your history a bit less bloody.--"The Immunity Syndrome"
.
--- 5 ---

Ambassador Sarek: Kirk, I thank you. What you have done is... 
Kirk: What I have done, I had to do.  
Ambassador Sarek: But at what cost ? Your ship. Your son.  
Kirk: If I hadn't tried, the cost would have been my soul. .--Star Trek III:  The Search for Spock

--- 6 ---

What you want is irrelevant, what you have chosen is at hand--Spock, Star Trek VI:  The Undiscovered Country
--- 7 ---
And finally, a last word from the Captain...

Second star to the right, and straight on till morning.--last on-screen line, Star Trek VI:  The Undiscovered Country
For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

1 comment: